Choose the Right Bar Stool Height
- Short height: 28” to 30” counter height – choose 16” to 23” seat height
- Counter height: 35” to 39” counter height – choose stools with 24” to 27” seat height
- Bar height: 40” to 43” counter height – choose stools with 28” to 33” seat height
- Extra tall: 44” to 47” counter height – choose stools with 34” seat height or taller
A good rule of thumb to consider when picking bar stool heights: 10-12" should be the allotted amount of space between the stool seat and the underside of your table counter.
When selecting a barstool for your commercial restaurant needs, you will first need to choose which type of material that you would like. Each have their benefits:
Wood or metal? For a traditional or natural look, consider a wood option. You can choose from different stain finishes so that they can match any décor that you have. For a modern look, consider a metal option. Metal can be more durable and offers great more versality, and can usually be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Assembled- Most of our barstools arrive fully assembled, saving you tons on time.
- Requires Assembly- A few of our barstools arrive this way. This is noted on the product information page. You will have to assemble these items yourself; however, it will likely save you on shipping costs!
Smaller Width – Allows for more seats to fit at the counter
Larger Width – Typically more comfortable, but allows for less seating
Determine how many barstools you need:
The number of stools you can fit in your seating area should be determined by the amount of space you need between each to easily allow for maneuvering
- If the bar stool is 16-18”- you will need 6” between seats
- If the bar stool is wider than 18”, has arms or swivels, you will need 8-10” between seats