Vulcan VG40 Manual Tilting Gas Skillet - 40 Gallon
Use this workhorse to prepare large quantities of food in a variety of methods.
Prepare heavy food volumes in your restaurant with the Vulcan VG40 Braising/Tilting Skillet. This equipment with a capacity of 40 gallons allow a chef to cook large batches of food in different styles as he can braise, grill, simmer or fry food without compromising quality. Once the food is fully cooked, tilt the skillet and empty its content completely, which provides ease of serving and reduces food waste. To simplify the cooking process, this manual skillet comes with features like fold-down pan support and lip straining that allow easy tilting and pouring. There is a full-width handle with spring assist to tilt the skillet easily when it is time to take out food. Coved corners of the unit help in ease of cleaning. Embossed gallon markings on the skillet are used for measuring food quantity.
The Vulcan VG40 Tilting Skillet features stainless steel construction and 1/2" thick plate for heat retention to ensure even cooking without over consumption of energy. Operating this skillet is easy with the solid-state controls used for regulating temperature ranging from 50°F to 425°F. There is an electric ignition system to light up the burner on its own. Whenever the pan is titled at 5°F the heating elements of this skillet automatically shut off for user's safety. For proper ventilation at the time of cooking, Vulcan's manual skillet has lid stops at appropriate places.
Main Features Include:
- Vulcan model VG40 Manual Braising/Tilting Skillet with stainless steel construction for strength and long-lasting performance
- 40 Gallon capacity for cooking large batches of food
- Embossed gallon markings for measuring quantity of food items
- Coved corners inside for safety and easy cleaning
- Full-width handle with stainless steel spring help tilt the skillet easily
- 1/2" steel plate for energy conservation and heat retention
- Solid state control systems for regulating temperature of the skillet
- Temperature ranges from 50°F to 425°F
- Lip straining and fold-down pan support for easy removal of food
- Anti-jam tilting mechanism of the pan makes it easy to tilt
- 12" stainless steel legs with flanged feet for maximum strength and support
- Elements of skillet turns off as soon as the pan is titled at 5°F
- Water controls and closures
- Skillet is operated by Natural or LP gas (select gas type from the drop down menu)
- Dimensions: 36"W x 35-1/2"D x 40-1/2"H
- Weight: 760 lb
ONE YEAR PARTS AND LABOR LIMITED WARRANTY
This Product Ranks 1 Out Of 25 In Tilt Skillets Braising Pans And Accessories.
|Size:||39"W x 23"D Cooking Surface|
|Temp Range:||+50°F to +425°F|
|Yield:||3⁄4" gas connection|
|Catalog Page:||View on Catalog Page 87|
|Installation Type:||Floor Model|
|Made in the USA:||Yes|
Frequently Asked Questions
Do tilting skillets require a water hook-up and floor drain?
- A water hook-up is not necessary for a tilting skillet as it is a self-contained system. While a floor drain is not required, they are helpful to have in front of the pouring lip on the floor in case of spills.
If I am located at a high altitude, how do I need to order this Groen BPP-30G tilt skillet?
- If you are located at an elevation above 2,000 feet, please contact us to ensure your combi oven is ordered correctly.