Update IC-1800WN - Countertop Induction Cooker - Single Burner - 1800 Watts
The Update IC-1800WN Induction Cooker Features a Touchscreen Control Panel for Simple Operation!
Induction cooking is quickly becoming a preferred method over traditional cooking because of its ease and simplicity. Induction cooking is the process of heating a cooking vessel, like a frying pan, through magnetic induction rather than from a flame or electrical heating element. The main difference between induction and traditional heating is the traditional style requires a heat source, like a flame or electrical element. Whereas traditional cooking heats the pan to the point where food cooks, the cooking vessel doesn't warm with induction, making it much safer.
Advantages of Induction Cooking Include:
- Speed, able to boil water nearly twice as fast as a gas range
- Safety because there's no flame, so no grease fires, risk of combustion, gas leaks, burns, etc.
- Energy savings, which means lower utility costs, because less heat is used; however, induction cookers only work with specific cookware that enables the magnetic energy to heat the pan (see our Economy Round Induction Chafer, Central Model #628-421, which works well with this unit)
- Precision, offering even more control than gas cooking!
Main Features of the Update IC-1800WN Induction Cooker Include:
- Sits nicely on top of counters, taking up little space
- Single burner
- Easy to use digital touch screen for simple operation
- 140°F to 464°F temperature range
- Stainless steel base with ceramic top
- 1800 watts
- 120 volts
- Single Phase
- 15 amps
- ETL listed (What is the benefit of an ETL certification? Click here to learn more.)
For more information on induction cookware, call 800.215.9293 - or click the 'Chat' button - to connect directly with a foodservice product expert.
This Product Ranks 1 Out Of 28 In Commercial Induction Ranges.
|Catalog Page:||View on Catalog Page 48|