Metro C599-SDC-U Heated Holding Cabinet - Controlled Humidity Full Height, Clear Dutch Doors
Rapid Heat Up and Recovery Times to Save You on Energy and Operating Costs
The Metro C599-SDC-U is a controlled humidity heated holding and proofing cabinet that is designed for maximum control and versatility. When space is a valuable commodity in your facility, this cabinet provides you all the benefit of a holding cabinet and proofing cabinet in a single unit! This full-height heated cabinet is designed to maintain food quality for extended time periods and control both temperature and humidity. It displays real-time temperature and relative humidity levels to help your foodservice staff.
Equipped with a thermostatically-controlled ducted heating system, this Metro holding/proofing full size cabinet offers rapid heat-up and recovery times. You can adjust and control heat and humidity with its digitally controlled dual-element heating and humidity system. The interior of the cabinet features adjustable universal wire slides on 1-1/2” increments to accommodate various sized food pans, including 18”x26” sheet pans or 12”x20” steam table pans.
This reach-in heated cabinet features easy-access user-friendly controls at the top of the cabinet to aid better readability and simplify cleaning. This full height model prioritizes heat generation over humidity generation, guaranteeing the cabinet holds food at desired temperature for a long time, thus promoting food safety. The low water sensor and low temperature alarm confirm that the cabinet is performing safely.
Designed for reliability and life-long durability, the Metro C5 9 Series fully insulated cabinet features clear, double pane tempered Dutch glass doors and heavy-duty stainless steel exterior. The doors are lift off and field reversible. The door design is complete with self-closing, lift-off hinges and cabinet mounted gaskets. This unit helps you save energy costs thanks to its full perimeter 1” thick insulation. The base of the cabinet is provided with four 5” casters (two with brake) to make mobility easy for service and cleaning.
Main Features Include:
- Quickly change from holding mode to proofing mode at the flip of a switch
- Dutch door design allows you to conserve energy by only opening the portions required
- Clear half doors with built-in polymer handles
- Comes with universal wire pan slides that are adjustable in 1-1/2” increments
- Non-marking polymer bumper and drop trough combination
- Independent controls to set temperature and humidity levels inside the cabinet
- Precise temperature control from 70 to 200°F
- Relative humidity range of 0 to 95 percent
- Water reservoir is removable and can be replaced
- Includes a set of 5” neoprene donut casters (two with brakes)
- Energy Star rated and NSF Listed
- Electrical requirements: 16Amps, 60Hz, 1 Phase, 120V, 1950Watt
- Dimensions: 30”Wx36-3/8”Dx74-3/4”H
- Weight: 410 lb
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
This Product Ranks 28 Out Of 70 In Insulated Full Height Holding Cabinets.
|Cord & Plug:||71⁄2'|
|Door Type:||Clear Dutch Doors|
|Pan Capacity:||(17) 18"x26", (32) 12"x20"|
|Temp Range:||+70°F to +200°F|
|Catalog Page:||View on Catalog Page 93|
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I choose an insulated cabinet over an uninsulated cabinet?
- In an insulated cabinet, the insulation reduces heat loss and reduces energy usage.
What is this cabinet insulated with?
- This series of cabinet is heavily insulated with a two and half inch thick, high density fiberglass insulation.
Which door, clear or solid, is best for my application?
- The solid door costs less and is more efficient. It is also is better suited for mobile applications. The clear doors allow you to easily see the unit's content without opening the door and losing heat.
What are the advantages of a full length door and a dutch door?
- The full length door costs less. The dutch door provides energy savings by allowing you to only open up certain sections of cabinet vs. the full length door that opens the entire cabinet.
Is this cabinet NSF listed?
- Yes, this cabinets meets the standards set by NSF International.
Why would I want a cabinet with top mount controls?
- Top mount controls are more easily visible and accessible, which is more ergonomic. They also are less likely to get damaged during clearing and mopping.
How do I know which slides I need on my holding cabinet?
- If you are planning on using only 18x26 sheet pans, you should order lip load slides. If you will be using 18x26 and 12x20x2.5 pans, you should order fixed wire slides. If you are planning on using pans deeper than two and a half inches, you will need to order universal slides.