Mars Air Door STD260-1UA-OB Unheated Air Curtain - 60"W
Keep Dust and Insects Out of Food Prep Areas
Unheated air curtain maintains interior temperature and reduces humidity in coolers and freezers, while providing air direction and air velocity control. Housing is made of corrosion-resistant Black powdercoated metal. Manually controlled air direction and velocity. For interior or exterior use. Ideal for doors 8'-10' high. 120V. 1⁄2 HP. 60"Wx125/8"Dx105/8"H. 90 lbs.
FIVE YEAR PARTS WARRANTY
Product ranks 11 out of 17 in Air Curtains And Cleaners.
|Feature:||Free Shipping,New Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to install a Mars Air Curtain?
- The average time required to install a unit is two hours. After the second or third installation, the time can usually be cut to one hour.
Where are the junction boxes?
- Each motor within the air curtain housing will have one watertight junction box mounted internally. Contact factory for specific location. If specified at time of order, the junction box can be located elsewhere.
If there is an obstruction over the doorway, how far away from the wall can the air curtain be installed and still function effectively?
- Not more than 8 for refrigeration and 14 for insects. To seal off the ends, 12 to 18 panels made of sheet metal, plastic strips, or plywood can be installed on each side of the door opening to improve the efficiency of the air curtain. Sometimes the Mars Air Curtain outlet nozzle may be installed between the obstruction and the wall. Precaution is necessary to prevent the obstruction from deflecting the flow of air.
When more than one air curtain is installed over a doorway, how close together should they be mounted?
- Units should be mounted next to each other; however, if the door opening is wider than the units, spacing up to 6 between units is acceptable.
Do Mars air curtains meet OSHA requirements?
- The sound level produced by all Mars Air Curtains is below what the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) considers harmful, making approval unnecessary.
Can Mars air curtaisn be used over a blast freezer?
- Yes, use the same models as you would over a regular freezer.
Can Air Curtains be used to hold in extreme heat inside industrial conveyor ovens?
- Yes, as long as the air curtain is mounted on the outside of the oven and operating temperature does not exceed 120° F. The smaller the opening, the more effective the installation as the percent of heat loss is held to a minimum.
Are there any situations that could cause air curtains to operate poorly or not at all?
- Yes. There are three applications to be avoided:
1. Air curtains will not perform satisfactorily if there is an exhaust fan in operation causing a negative pressure within the building.
2. A wind tunnel effect will prevent air curtains from operating properly. A wind tunnel effect occurs when there are two open doors, one on each side of the building.
3. If an air curtain is mounted on the outside of a building to prevent the entrance of cold air, it will not perform properly. It must be mounted on the inside of a heated room.