Low Profile Unheated Air Curtain, 42"
This Berner SLC07-1042A is available from Central Restaurant Products.
Low profile air curtain with white powder-coated cabinet, requires a minimum of 91⁄2" clearance above the door. Available in Black or White. See drop down menu. Custom colors or stainless steel available. Chosen by restaurants and kitchen designers who are concerned with meeting food service standards, health department requirements, and their own criteria for flying insect control when the door is open. Simple to install, operate, and maintain. Made in U.S.A.
For additional questions, please speak with one of our helpful Product Consultants at 800.215.9293 - or click the 'Live Chat' button.
Image shown may reflect a different configuration of this product than described. Please see features section or talk to a Product Consultant for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to install an air curtain?
- The average time required to install a unit is two hours.
Are there any situations that could cause air curtains to operate poorly or not at all?
- Yes. There are three applications to be avoided:
1. Air curtains will not perform satisfactorily if there is an exhaust fan in operation causing a negative pressure within the building.
2. A wind tunnel effect will prevent air curtains from operating properly. A wind tunnel effect occurs when there are two open doors, one on each side of the building.
3. If an air curtain is mounted on the outside of a building to prevent the entrance of cold air, it will not perform properly. It must be mounted on the inside of a heated room.
If there is an obstruction over the doorway, how far away from the wall can the air curtain be installed and still function effectively?
- Not more than 8 for refrigeration and 14 for insects. To seal off the ends, 12 to 18 panels made of sheet metal, plastic strips, or plywood can be installed on each side of the door opening to improve the efficiency of the air curtain.
When more than one air curtain is installed over a doorway, how close together should they be mounted?
- Units should be mounted next to each other; however, if the door opening is wider than the units, spacing up to 6 between units is acceptable.
Can air curtains be used to hold in extreme heat inside industrial conveyor ovens?
- Yes, as long as the air curtain is mounted on the outside of the oven and operating temperature does not exceed 120° F.
Can an air curtain go over over a blast freezer?
- Yes, use the same models as you would over a regular freezer.