Low Profile Unheated Air Curtain - For Doors/Windows Up To 36"W
Mounts in Areas Where Other Air Curtains Can't Like Drive-Throughs and Concession Windows
Sleek 8"H low profile unheated air curtain is constructed of corrosion-resistant Black powdercoated metal. For interior or exterior use. Over 78% effective at preventing the transfer of heat compared to an unprotected opening and is an effective barrier against flying insects, dust, dirt, odors and fumes. Adjustable speed allows to be used with doors up to 8'H or windows up to 5'H. Easy to install. Low maintenance. Also has a low noise level for quiet operation. For use with doors and windows up to
FIVE YEAR PARTS WARRANTY
Product ranks 3 out of 17 in Air Curtains And Cleaners.
|Catalog Page:||View on Catalog Page 219|
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to install a Mars Air Curtain?
- The average time required to install a unit is two hours. After the second or third installation, the time can usually be cut to one hour.
Where are the junction boxes?
- Each motor within the air curtain housing will have one watertight junction box mounted internally. Contact factory for specific location. If specified at time of order, the junction box can be located elsewhere.
If there is an obstruction over the doorway, how far away from the wall can the air curtain be installed and still function effectively?
- Not more than 8 for refrigeration and 14 for insects. To seal off the ends, 12 to 18 panels made of sheet metal, plastic strips, or plywood can be installed on each side of the door opening to improve the efficiency of the air curtain. Sometimes the Mars Air Curtain outlet nozzle may be installed between the obstruction and the wall. Precaution is necessary to prevent the obstruction from deflecting the flow of air.
When more than one air curtain is installed over a doorway, how close together should they be mounted?
- Units should be mounted next to each other; however, if the door opening is wider than the units, spacing up to 6 between units is acceptable.
Do Mars air curtains meet OSHA requirements?
- The sound level produced by all Mars Air Curtains is below what the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) considers harmful, making approval unnecessary.
Can Mars air curtaisn be used over a blast freezer?
- Yes, use the same models as you would over a regular freezer.
Can Air Curtains be used to hold in extreme heat inside industrial conveyor ovens?
- Yes, as long as the air curtain is mounted on the outside of the oven and operating temperature does not exceed 120° F. The smaller the opening, the more effective the installation as the percent of heat loss is held to a minimum.
Are there any situations that could cause air curtains to operate poorly or not at all?
- Yes. There are three applications to be avoided:
1. Air curtains will not perform satisfactorily if there is an exhaust fan in operation causing a negative pressure within the building.
2. A wind tunnel effect will prevent air curtains from operating properly. A wind tunnel effect occurs when there are two open doors, one on each side of the building.
3. If an air curtain is mounted on the outside of a building to prevent the entrance of cold air, it will not perform properly. It must be mounted on the inside of a heated room.