Hobart HS8N-1 Heavy Duty Slicer - Manual, 13" Blade, 1/2 HP
The Hobart HS8N-1 is a heavy duty manual slicer that makes a smart addition to restaurants, delis, or cafes, saving time and efforts. Designed for superior performance and user safety, this manual slicer unit comes with a 13" CleanCut™ alloy blade knife that works more efficiently in comparison to other stainless steel or carbon blades. This blade can slice up to 1" thick pieces and comes with a knife and ring guard cover for maximum safety. This slicer comes with a top-mounted sharpener with borazon stone to sharpen the blade in as little as 5 seconds. An ergonomic handle on top makes slicing tasks quick and effortless. The manual slicer is designed with innovative interlocks for safe and efficient operation. Some of the slicer interlocks include home start interlock, close to stop interlock, carriage system interlock, and automatic shutoff interlock. In case of inactivity for more than 30 seconds, the automatic shutoff interlock also turns the knife off.
The Hobart manual slicer has an aluminized base with a brushed finish for durability and easy cleaning. The gauge plate and product tray have anodized aluminum construction and do not corrode or rust easily. To ensure easy cleaning, the spring kickstand below the slicer can be lifted and carriage system can be titled or removed. The ring guard and meat grip arm are also removable for proper cleaning and maintenance. This manual slicer uses 1/2 HP belt-driven motor with 430 rpm speed for maximum efficiency. In case the slicer is unplugged or power fails, it has to be restarted to resume the work. It comes with 6' cord and plug for installation and uses 120V, 60 Hz, single-phase electrical connection.
Main Features Include:
- Designed to cut cheese and meat continuously
- 13" CleanCut™ knife for efficient performance
- Ability to slice up to 1" thick pieces
- Knife guard and ring guard for user-friendly operations
- Top-mounted borazon stone to increase blade sharpness
- Ergonomic handle on top for easy slicing
- Gauge plate and carriage interlock to prevent tilting during slicing
- Sanitary anodized aluminum base in brushed finish
- Safer, more efficient operation with innovative slicer interlocks
- Gauge plate and product tray with anodized aluminum construction
- Spring kickstand below slicer can be lifted for cleaning
- Handles foods up to 7 1/2" diam. or 12" wide
- 1/2 HP belt-driven motor with 430 rpm speed
- 6' cord and plug included for installation
- Uses 120V, 60 Hz, single-phase electrical connection
- Overall dimensions: 30-5/16"Wx24-5/8"Dx25-1/2"H
- Weight: 130 lbs
ONE YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY
This Product Ranks 36 Out Of 54 In Commercial Meat Slicers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer and or reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
|Width:||30 5/16 "|
|Depth:||24 5/8 "|
|Height:||25 1/2 "|
|Motor Type:||Belt driven|
|Thickness:||up to 1"|
|Catalog Page:||View on Catalog Page 128|
|Maxium Product Width:||12 "|
|Maximum Product Height:||7 1/2 "|
|Slice Size:||1 "|
|Made in the USA:||Yes|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a 8 and a 8N?
- Those products with an "N" have the non-removeable knife option. Otherwise, our blades can be removed using our patented knife removal tool.
What is the difference between a HS6, HS7, HS8 and HS9?
- The HS6/HS8 are both manual slicers. The HS7/HS9 are automatic slicers. The HS8 and HS9 offer more interlocks and settings.
What are the HS line's top 3 benefits?
- The HS line offers tiltable and removable carriage, utilizes a CleanCut knife for precision slicing, and a removable blade.
What is the HS slicer blade made of?
- 304 stainless steel with a Cobalt edge, yielding a thinner edge that lasts 2-3 times longer than conventiontal slicer knives.