Berkel 829A-Plus Gravity Feed Manual Slicer, Medium Duty, 14" Knife
45 Degree Angle Feed Requires Less Mechanical Pressure to Slice
Slice up juicy meat and creamy cheese in an easy way with the Berkel 829A Manual Slicer. Boasting 14" carbon steel blade with chromium plating and a hollow ground edge, smooth pieces of food can be taken out in no amount of time. This slicer is perfect for medium-duty use as it can slice up cheese and meat for approximately 4 to 6 hours every day. This makes the equipment a must-have for all the restaurants, bistros, cafes, and diners. This machine helps them pay attention to small details and slice up fresh ingredients efficiently. The 14" knife can be adjusted up to 3/4" in case you want super-fine cuts of meat and cheese. The slicer features a power indicator with a rotary switch for turning the machine on and off. The non-slicing part of this machine is covered by blade guards. It is driven by a motor of 1/2 horsepower so that there is no hindrance in slicing up of food.
A feed tray is mounted on slicer at an angle of 45 degrees. This tray is dependent on gravity so that the food is held better against knife for precision cutting. This tray also ensures that you do not have to apply a lot of pressure and receive a consistent output. The feed tray can fit rectangular-shaped products up to measurements of 11" x 8-1/2" and round-shaped products up to measurements of 8-1/2" diameter. For giving you maximum control over the machine, it features a product carriage with a huge push handle on one side to slice food as per requirement.
Feed tray features a metal pusher allowing heavy pressure to be applied against food and ensuring that it does not slip out. This metal pusher also keeps its user's hand safe from the knife of the slicer. Boasting a built-in sharpener, you can easily hone the slicer blade in case it has lost its sharpness. There is a 2-stone design, providing the slicer with a razor-sharp edge for long-lasting performance. Since employee's safety is the prime concern of any restaurant, there is a gauge plate interlock for added protection. It reduces chances of injury to your employees while slicing and cleaning.
The anodized aluminum and stainless steel construction of this manual slicer makes it easy to clean and gives it durability. This body also gives the slicer a professional and sleek appeal. Every part of this slicer is removable without tools. It reduces the time spent on cleaning and makes the process simple.
- Berkel 829A Manual Slicer is the perfect slicing tool for meat and cheese
- The manual slicer has an anodized aluminum and stainless steel body for durability and efficiency
- There is a 14" blade with chromium plating and a hollow edge
- Measurement of the slicer is 29-1/2 " W x 23-3/4 " D x 21-5/8 "H and weight is 91 lb.
- It slices 3/4" thick meat and cheese slices
- Motor of the slicer is driven by 1/2 horsepower 115 voltage
- There is a rotatory switch for turning the slicer on and off along with a power indicator
- The slicer features a plate gauge interlock to make sure that the blade edge is not exposed while cleaning of equipment
- There is a dual stone, top-mounter sharpener that cannot be removed from the machine
- The blade features a ring guard for covering non-slicing region of equipment and providing extra space for cleaning
- All parts of the slicer are removable to make the cleaning process easy and quick
- Carriage can handle food up to 11" x 8-1/2" x 8-1/2"
- Perfect for medium-duty applications, you can easily slice meat and cheese for approximately 4 to 6 hours
ONE YEAR WARRANTY
This Product Ranks 36 Out Of 54 In Commercial Meat Slicers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer/birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
|Construction Material:||Anodized aluminum|
|Motor Type:||Belt driven|
|Thickness:||Tissue thin to 3⁄4"|
|Catalog Page:||View on Catalog Page 127|
|Maxium Product Width:||11 "|
|Maximum Product Height:||81⁄2"|
|Slice Size:||3/4 "|
|Usage Level:||Mid Tier|
|Maximum Loaf Width:||11"|
|Maximum Loaf Height:||81⁄2"|
|Number of Blades:||1|
|Maximum Slice Size:||3⁄4"|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the A and the E?
- E slicers have a smaller product carriage, can slice less/day, and have lower HP motors. A slicers have larger product carriages, more slicing hours/day, higher HP motors, and guage-plate interlock (829A).
What is the difference between the 823 and the 825 slicers?
- The 823 slicers have a 9" knife while the 825 slicers have a 10" knife.
How do I sharpen the blade?
- There is a top mounted, two stone, dual-action sharpening system for a lasting, razor-sharp edge.