Bar blenders come in a variety of shapes and styles to help you make delicious frozen drinks at the perfect texture. Many provide convenient features to allow you to spend more time serving customers and less time preparing their order.
For all items, keep in mind the frequency of use, the type of items being blended, and the serving size of your drinks.
When shopping bar blenders, here are some things to consider:
Horsepower (HP) and Duty
- Blenders are available in light, medium and heavy duty
- The duty is determined by the horsepower of the motor. The higher the horsepower, the higher the duty (i.e. heavy duty blending such as frozen fruit or large ice cubes requires a higher horsepower).
- Heavy duty blenders are best for establishments that make a large volume of frozen beverages
- Light duty blenders are optimal for beverages that are not thick and/or do not contain solid ingredients. These are designed for places that serve a low volume of frozen beverages.
- Standard blender containers range from 32 oz. to 64 oz.
- Think about the size of the drinks you are serving. For instance, larger sizes of drinks would benefit from a larger container.
- Popularity of drinks. If your bar serves a lot of frozen drinks, a larger container is a necessity for filling several orders at once.
- Glass: When is comes to aesthetics, glass is the way to go as it provides a professional look in front of guests and is often stain-resistant. However, the heavier container can be more strenuous for frequent pouring.
- Plastic: Virtually indestructible. Even though scratches or stains may be a little more obvious over time, you get more bang for your buck by going with a plastic container as it will last longer.
- Stainless Steel: These are the solution to needing a visually pleasing blender that provides durability. The obvious downfall is one can't see what's being blended, which may make it hard to determine the drink's consistency.
- Plastic: This is most common in Central's selection. It is durable and cleans easily.
- Chrome: If aesthetics are important, chrome is a great option. Keep in mind it will need regular cleaning to keep its professional look.
- Programmability allows you to have different program speeds and times for different drinks
- Simple drinks or low volume may require only having an On/Off functionality. Thicker drinks may need additional controls such as High/Low functionality.
- Some blenders include manual timers with automatic shut-off options, which can allow the bartender to step away from whatever is being blended.
- While you may look to find the most affordable option, don't short yourself on the extra features you can benefit from. Think of what could make your establishment run more efficiently. You may find a feature that will save you time and money in the long run.
Ready to Shop?